A once globally significant potassium salt mine, the old town of Cardona shows traceable historical origin to the 11th century. A bastion to Catalan ideal and lair to the mighty salt lords, this enormous medieval hillside fortification tells many a chivalric battle narrative. Investigate where the medieval European hill fortress derived its crystallized wealth viewing Lombard romanesque jewelry along the way as you gaze at the contorted forms of salt stalagmite and stalactite glittering deep within the ancient hillside salt mine. Join us on an underground, overground march through a uniquely charming Mediterranean castle town with all the extras an authentic tour should bestow.
Points of Interest
- Private vehicle with chauffeur
- Certified guide in the chosen language
- Traditional local lunch service
- Museum entrance
- Salt mine entrance
|Parc Cultural De La Muntanya De Sal||Mina de Sal|
|Muntanya de Sal de Cardona||Cardona City Center|
|Església parroquial de Sant Miquel||Castell de Cardona|
|Col·legiata de Sant Vicenç|
How it works
Available all year.
Flexible starting time.
- Languages: English, Chinese, Russian, French, German, Italian, Japanese,
Portuguese, Dutch, Norwegian, Swedish, Arabic, Hebrew, Turkish, Catalan and, Spanish.
If the desired language is not mentioned, please contact us directly under email@example.com.
- Length: 10 hours
- Private transportation throughout the tour.
- Departure points:
Meet & greet by a personal guide at the location of choice.
- Accessible for visitors with reduced mobility.
- Book and pay online.
- Access e-mailed voucher including detailed itinerary
- Print voucher.
- Exchange Point: At the chosen location, simply hand the voucher to the guide.